Explore our assessment offerings below and ourassessment resources in theResource Library.
Benchmark Assessment Systems (BAS)
NEW - 3rd edition!
Using the comprehensiveFountas & Pinnell Benchmark Assessment Systemsto determine students' independent and instructional reading levels according to theF&P Text Level Gradient™, teachers are able to:
- Observe and quantify student reading behaviors
- Engage students in comprehension conversations that go beyond retelling
- Make informed decisions that connect assessment to responsive teaching.
Explore whatBASis, what's included, how it's implemented, and gain access to samplers, research, webinars, and more.
Sistema de evaluación de la lectura (SEL)
Sistema de evaluación de la lectura(SEL) is a literacy assessment tool in Spanish that is meaningfully linked to classroom instruction.
- Original student books written in Spanish by native Spanish-speaking authors
- Illustrations by Hispanic illustrators ensuring authentic, culturally relevant artwork
- Careful development and leveling by an advisory panel of bilingual literacy experts under the supervision of Fountas and Pinnell
- Spanish A–N leveling system developed to parallel theF&P Text Level Gradient™
There are two systems available:
- SEL- Teacher components available in English
- SEL Totalmente- Teacher components available in Spanish
Explore whatSELis, what's included, how it's implemented, and gain access to samplers, research, webinars, and more.
Online Data Management System (ODMS)
The Online Data Management System is a secure and efficient way for teachers and administrators to manage assessment data. Features include collecting, analyzing, and reporting data at the individual and class level; monitoring progress of instructional and independent reading levels; and customizing reports to meet class, school, and district needs. A one-year subscription is included with the purchase ofBASandSEL.
BAS Reading Record iPad® Apps
TheBAS Reading Record iPad® Appis an efficient alternative to taking a reading record on paper. TheBAS Reading Record iPad® Apprecords the following student information:
- Oral reading rate
- Accuracy rate
- Self-correction ratio
- Fluency score
- Comprehension score
Added functionality includes timing the conference, saving the record as a PDF, and syncing to the ODMS.